Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pens collect another win!

The Pens officially clinched a playoff birth with tonights 5-1 victory over the Nashville Predators.  It was a GREAT game to watch.  If the Pens play this way in the playoffs no one will be able to stop them, I don't care who they are.

James Neal came out tonight and set up everyone he possibly could as he collected 4 assists on the night. Evgeni Malkin was right there with him scoring 2 goals (both from Neal) picking up number 44 and 45 on the season.  Kris Letang and Chris Kunitz both added a goal and an assist while Matt Cooke also tallied a goal for the Pens.

Marc-Andre Fleury remained solid in the net tonight stopping 29 of 30 shots he faced. 

There is so much to say about this Penguins team and the way they are playing but I think people really need to just watch a game to see.  Watching tonight I couldn't help but notice that they are everywhere.  I know, your thinking of course they are there is only so much room on the ice.  Thats not what I mean.  What I mean is, they are hitting, getting hit, avoiding big hits, making passes, taking passes, throwing everything they have into every second they are on the ice. Even if you aren't a Pens fan (why aren't you????) you need to watch them play just once without whatever biased you have that makes you not like them.  If you can honestly tell me that you think there is another hockey team out there right now that can beat them..... I'd like to know who it is an what on earth makes you believe that?

I hope they can maintain the momentum that they have going right now and make a solid run for the cup.  I have no reason to believe they won't but there is still a lot that can happen..... so for now I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment